Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hallucinations ... or demonic spirits ?

I just read an article on the EFT Insights Newsletter (email newsletter), about 2 people diagnosed with 'schizo-affective' disorders. One of the manifestations of this disorder is 'hearing voices' or having (so-called) hallucinations. I imagine some, or a lot of people may not like this message. I figure if I'm going to tick some people off, I may as well start doing that before anyone is even reading my blog.



I feel some scripture coming on, hang on... time to fire up eSword.

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. (Joh 15:19 KJV)

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. (1Co 3:19 KJV)

So, in this article it says that one of the men has; "according to the case report, “bizarre religious delusions.” " I guess I can't comment on that, except that some would accuse anyone who believes in God or Jesus as having 'bizarre religious delusions'. Maybe I just need to pray for them? On with the article. Apparently he sometimes felt compelled by these (supposedly hallucinated) voices to blurt out obscenities in public. My question or suggestion is: What if he's not hallucinating, but in fact hearing voices of the demonic?

In the second case cited, there's another young man that "would frequently hear a disturbing “crowd noise” in his head – it was not tinnitus but rather a mumbling sound as though that of voices in a crowd where the words could not be distinguished." Wow, that reminded me of what I read in 'Devil Walk' by Clint Byars (see endnotes in my booklet). Again, what if he wasn't hallucinating or imagining something that doesn't exist, but hearing from a realm that many don't want to acknowledge exists? And over which we, as Christians and believers in Jesus Christ, Yeshua the Messiah, have authority?

The good news is that EFT appeared to be helpful in both instances, even though there wasn't any 'casting out of devils' as it were. In the first case, the article notes: "While we do not know the exact wording that was used with this young man, it is described by his therapist as approximately the following phrase, “Even though these voices torment me and tell me to say obscene things, I know that God loves me.” The inclusion of God in his Set-Up phrase was extremely comforting to him and represents an interesting and useful variation of the default self acceptance phrase."

That dovetails in with the list of lies vs the truth I put in my booklet, under 'getting specific'. I've been feeling a nudge by the Spirit to use that list for my own tapping as well as some articles on here -- more to come!

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: