Sunday, March 29, 2009

April Fool's day attack is no joke

I wanted to post a few links about a virus / worm that is apparently due to strike on April 1st. It's off-topic for this blog, but I'm posting it just in case.

I just heard about it on the blog for WOT (Web of Trust), a most excellent add-on for Firefox and IE browsers, I use the Firefox one. As a plug -- it's saved me from going to potentially dangerous sites; having ignored the warning once and regretted it later. The one I ignored was for a free html editor, but it also installed a browser toolbar without permission and generally misbehaved itself.

Here's a link for an article with info. from Free PC Security.

And another link with an article from Security Garden, Conficker Information for the Home Computer user. Be safe!

No comments: