Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ability to add comments now on my website

I wanted to post a message here that I've updated my website articles to include a new-ish tool from Google, called 'Friend Connect'. It's basically a way of adding social elements to one's web site. I'll also be adding a testimonials page to the site in the next few days, which is for the purpose of giving my clients / customers a spot to add their ratings and comments themselves.

I've thought it would be nice to be able to have a message forum, or to add software for comments; but it was on a very back burner. This option makes it much easier, and it won't require people to come up with yet another user name and password -- if you're like me you may have too many of those already. You'll be able to sign in using your google, openid or similar accounts to post your comments.
I'm also going to allow anonymous posting, at least for now. I'll see how that goes, since I can delete or edit comments it should work o.k.

Since my website isn't a social networking site, I'm just adding the button to sign in on the home page. Comments here, or there, are welcome! The link to my EFT for SW website is over in the 'What is EFT?' info-box on the right side of this blog.

No comments: