Saturday, December 1, 2007

Entering True Sabbath Rest

I'm reading a very enlightening article about the Sabbath, a subject that certainly causes some contention among the faithful. I don't stress myself out about it too much, and I like what the article says. One of my thoughts on the topic, from those who claim the Sabbath must be kept on Saturday as opposed to Sunday; is that calling Saturday the '7th day' is arbitrary, (imo) since it's a matter of whoever put together the calendar we use. For those who are strict about the issue, the command is that one should rest on the 7th day after 6 days of work. That could just as easily be Sunday as Saturday -- in fact many European calendars show Sunday as the last day of the week. That's about it, short post this time.

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: