Saturday, May 19, 2007

The lie vs the Truth

I haven't posted in a while, it's been a very tiring 3 weeks at my part-time job. I currently work for a maker of postage-meters; and as many of you may know the USPS recently raised postage prices and made it much more challenging to determine the amount of postage to use if one has a piece of mail to send. That meant a large increase in the number of telephone calls from customers. Since I work in a call-center, it was a pretty tiring few weeks. I think the worst is over. Hopefully I can start making a living with this EFT consulting work -- since a job in a call-center is a great place to practice using EFT and developing patience, it's not something I want to do the rest of my life.

Plus, my downstairs neighbor is actually out of town for a couple of days, it's blissfully quiet so I can actually focus for a few minutes. I won't get into that, but the even better news is that the neighbor informs me he'll be moving out around the end of the month. God does listen to and respond to prayer!

Which of course leads me to the topic of today's blog. I mentioned in an earlier entry here that I was getting nudges from the Holy Spirit to put together scripture to counter the list of the lies of the devil, as found in Clint Byar's book 'Devil Walk'. (See also mention of it in my booklet.)

So I've been working on that list, and I'll post messages with 1 or two of those lies and the scripture noted in the book to counter the lie -- as well as a few other passages of scripture I found using keyword searches in e-Sword, that also counter the lie. It was Jesus' method used in Luke chapter 4, and if it was good enough for Him it's good enough for me! Plus it's the 'sword of the spirit' (Eph. 6:17 and Heb. 4:12).

They may also end up in a workbook or as an appendix to the booklet (or both?), but for the moment it's on this blog! The devil's lie will be the first statement, then the other statements will be scripture. I think you can figure it out.

There is no God. (Psalm 14:1)
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. (Psa 14:1 KJVA)

Rom 1:19-22 KJVA
(19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
(20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
(21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
(22) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,